New Model Debuts and Special Events from Major Sponsors
Website for St Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail™: (http://www.showmanagement.com/st_petersburg_boat_show_and_strictly_sail_2008/event/
ST. PETERSBURG, FL (Oct. 21, 2008) –As the Gulf Coast’s largest boat show, the St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail is living up to its “super show” status by launching exciting special events and model debuts from major sponsors, dealers and exhibitors.
Boater’s World presents The St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail™ sponsored by Mercedes Benz and co-sponsored by Marina Pez Vela on Dec. 4-7, 2008 at the Progress Energy Center for the Arts Mahaffey Theater Yacht Basin and Albert Whitted Park.
For the first time, the show features the very best of boating and sailing worlds—with the largest, most varied selection of sailboats and power boats, as well as gear and accessories on the West Coast.
On land and in a new significantly larger waterfront area, show-goers will find more than 200 power boats and 50 sailboats anchored in new floating docks. Climb aboard to check out family cruisers, high-performance wakeboard boating, fishing boats, magnificent sailing yachts, personal watercraft and much more.
Take a walk through a newly expanded Accessories Tent with 275 booths, now air-conditioned for the comfort of show-goers, that will offer everything under the boating sun: gear, accessories, nautical apparel, jewelry, equipment, electronics, plus marine charters, services and travel opportunities.
“The smartest boaters on the Gulf Coast know that we’re THE boat show to check out. Now we’re better than ever, because we’ve expanded for the first time this year to include sailboats. On the both power and sailing side, every show-goer is guaranteed to find the hottest, most competitive deals, special pricing and affordable financing options at this St. Pete show.” said Dane Graziano, senior vice president and chief operating officer for Show Management. “So kick off your holiday season and make a show-only deal that gives your family a power boat or sailboat—and a lifetime of beautiful memories together.”
Exciting Model Debuts and Special Events
Mercedes-Benz, a major show sponsor, is unveiling the all-new 2010 GLK-Class, coming to Tampa Bay dealerships in January. As the first five-passenger premium compact SUV from Mercedes-Benz, the GLK350’s edgy new design and fuel-efficiency is expected to generate great interest among enthusiasts in the Tampa Bay market.
“Mercedes-Benz is thrilled to be the official automotive sponsor of the St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail and are excited to showcase our all new 2010 GLK at the event,” said Kevin Sreenan, regional general manager for Mercedes-Benz Southern Region. “The GLK is a compact SUV which was first showcased in the Sex and the City movie in May and will be available to the public in January 2009.”
Mercedes-Benz customers from three select Suncoast dealerships (www.SunCoastMercedes-Benz.com) will be donating a portion of boat show ticket proceeds to benefit the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, established by two Tampa mothers, Melissa Helms and Risa Tramel, whose infant daughters successfully battled cancer at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Tampa. Mercedes-Benz is the Pediatric Cancer Foundation’s single largest long-term corporate partner, helping the non-profit foundation make significant strides in its mission to fund research leading to the elimination of childhood cancer worldwide.
Galati Yacht Sales, with 10 Gulf Coast locations, is bringing its distinctive line-up of knockout luxury yachts, fishing cruisers and sports coupes to the show, including the:
• 65 Marquis,™ the queen of the fleet, a combination of elegant Italian design and high-quality American craftsmanship, with a spacious bridge and wrap-around helm station.
• 520 Marquis™ Sport Coupe-this cruiser features Volvo Penta’s innovative IPS system that delivers a thrilling high-performance ride.
• 58 Tiara Sovern,™ the luxurious flagship and the largest yacht manufactured by Tiara, with a wide-open upper level salon and well-planned tri-level floor plan.
• 39 Tiara™ Open, features versatile features, such as aft-facing mezzanine seating that resonate with anglers, yet appeal to cruisers.
MarineMax, the world’s largest marine retailer, “will be displaying boats from 17-60 feet, including spectacular Sea Rays®, unsinkable Boston Whalers,™ even the luxurious Hatteras® product,” said Noelle Norvell, MarineMax general manager. “Come visit the MarineMax display where you can experience living the boating dream!”
In addition, show-goers will get an exclusive preview of Marina Pez Vela, designed to be the first and largest full-service, world-class marina in Costa Rica, with the first 100 slips ready in early 2009, and the remaining 208 wet slips, dry storage and boatyard scheduled for completion during the fall of 2009. Marina Pez Vela will accommodate boats from 35 to 200 feet, providing a safe haven for fishing along the Pacific Coast of Central America, opening thousands of miles of ocean that was nearly impossible to fish previously.
“The St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail is an excellent opportunity to bring Marina Pez Vela to U.S. boaters and anglers,” said Jim Bronstein, a partner in the Costa Rica-based marina that is co-sponsoring the show. “The high-quality of the St. Petersburg show draws an excellent audience and makes it an obvious choice to exhibit.”
Four-Day Family Fun Festival
The St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail is a family marine festival, with fishing and boating and fun activities included in show admission that can be celebrated together, including:
• “Hook the Future” Free Fishing Clinics for kids on Saturday, Dec. 6, and Sunday, Dec. 7, with rod, reel and tackle kit giveaways, valued at $50 each, as long as supplies last. Kids from the ages of 4-16 who take part in fishing clinics also enjoy free admission when accompanied by a paid parent or guardian. Marine life experts led by Capt. Don Digman from Hook the Future, will teach kids basic fishing techniques, including casting a rod and reel, cast net throwing, select tackle and lures, knot tying and fishing ethics. Registration begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday for clinics at noon and 2 p.m.
• Discover Sailing Yacht Cruises-Experience the joy of sailing firsthand with 30-minutes beautiful cruises on Hunter Yachts with an expert skipper in this national introduction-to-sailing program.
• Latitudes and Attitudes Ninth Annual St. Pete Cruiser’s Party on Dec. 6, Saturday night-Get your night rocking with this fun-loving crew, led by the tropical rock Eric Stone Band. Don’t miss the good times at this pizza-and-beer party that starts at 7 p.m. and is included in Saturday’s admission price. Enjoy a chance to win a week-long Sunsail charter, a Mason anchor or a Spectra Watermaker,™ valued at $10,000, in raffles that benefit the refitting of the Charles W. Morgan, a historic New Bedford whaler located in Mystic Seaport, CT.
• Enjoyable Sailing and Boating Seminars-Education can be entertaining too, with this variety of boating and sailing seminars housed in new, comfortable air-conditioned Seminar Tents. Hear tales of cruising around the world and exploring exotic harbors, or learn more about interpreting weather at sea; best anchoring techniques, navigating with GPS or by the stars, electronic charting, engine maintenance, safety tips and much more in seminars that run throughout the four-day show.
• The Yachting Gourmet-Pick up some great on-board dining recipes from Mary Maskal, author of The Yachting Gourmet, who will autograph her collection of 400 recipes and give you some wonderful ideas for easy gourmet cooking in a galley. For show-goers, she’s offering discounted show specials on nearly everything as well as her free recipe for Raspberry Barbeque Chicken. Stop by and learn how to dazzle friends and family with a variety of floating feasts!
AT A GLANCE INFORMATION:
Boater's World presents the St. Petersburg Boat Show & Strictly Sail,™ sponsored by Mercedes Benz and co-sponsored by Marina Pez Vela
Tickets are on sale now! Buy online and save time at the gate! To buy online, go to: http://www.showmanagement.com/st_petersburg_boat_show_and_strictly_sail_2008/event/
Click on Ticket Info. Users can view on website lists and photos of boats and their show location and even make special viewing appointments online. Plenty of onsite parking and come-by-boat docks are available!
Where: Progress Energy Center for the Arts Mahaffey Theater Yacht Basin and Albert Whitted Park
400 First St. South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
When: Thursday, Dec. 4 – Sunday, Dec. 7, 2008
Times: Thursday: noon to 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ticket Prices: $8 for each adult online; $10 for each adult at the gate
$3 for each child ages 6-15 online.
$5 for each child ages 6-15 at the gate
Children under 5 are free.
St. Petersburg Boat Show and Strictly Sail Media Contact: Susan O’Reilly, Kenton Smith Advertising & Public Relations: 407-856-6680, Ext. 220, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Press Releases